We often thoughtlessly throw away things which are still fairly new just because we want something newer and trendier. And we send a lot of packing and packaging materials to the trash, from plastic bags, to boxes, containers, cans and bottles. So what can we do to minimise this waste of earth's resources, and earn or save money at the same time? Here are a few ideas:
1. Getting bored with your t-shirt, sneakers or bags? You may like to experiment with dye and fabric paint to make them seem all new again. You will probably impress your friends with your one-of-a-kind creations. Or do your bit to help the less fortunate by donating items you no longer need or want to charity.
2. Reuse containers to store and organise your things. Or decorate boxes, bottles, cans and other containers to use as desk accessories.
3. Instead of buying garbage bags for your wastepaper basket, use the plastic bags you get from stores instead.
4. Scour garage sales and flea markets for secondhand items.
5. Try to resell items you no longer need. For example, if you look after your textbooks, you can probably sell them at the beginning of the next year to other students.
Any other ideas? Share them with us here.